Brian Cassidy, AIA, NCARB
Adaptive Re-Use of the existing Sun Mercantile Building, constructed in 1926 to house a new multi-disciplinary clinic & imaging center to be utilized by Phoenix Suns players and the public at large. Individually listed on the National Historic Register & surrounded by controversial plans in recent history, this renovation delicately inserts the new function into the well-worn shell of the building originally intended as a wholesale produce warehouse. A variety of practitioners provide services, including family practice, OB-GYN, Ortho, XRay/MRI/CT, Cardio, Podiatry, Physical Therapy, Dental, Ophthalmology, Dermatology & Chiropractic services in the only clinic of its kind in downtown Phoenix. A key feature of this structure & the hub around which all the practice segments are organized within the building is the wide open warehouse including mezzanine level walking track under the skylights that bring outside light into the lower level of the historic dock-height.